3 October 2016

Playing with Russian piping tips

Russian piping tips

Russian piping tips

I ordered a bundle of Russian piping tips from eBay and they arrived this week,. Cue much excitement! Honestly I was like a child on Christmas Day! If you've never heard of these, you're not alone, I don't remember how and why I stumbled across them... sometime during my YouTube research on buttercream flowers no doubt, but I am really pleased that I did.

Russian piping tips

You need to ensure that your buttercream is a little on the stiffer side, otherwise the flowers will just flop, and wont hold their shape. Practice is key with these babies as well. My first attempt of roses on cupcakes a couple of weeks ago went undocumented on here for good reason! Can't wait to play with these some more.

The actual cake here is vanilla sponge sandwiched together with raspberry jam - recipe to follow!

Let me know if you've tried these Russian tips and your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment