6 June 2016

Flapjacks

Flapjacks

I'm not sure I could be friends with someone who didn't like a flapjack. I mean, really...what's not to like about these deliciously sweet, chewy oaty bars of goodness?! I also love it when, as soon as you offer a dieter a flapjack, they suddenly jump at the chance, because they're healthy right! ;)

Ingredients:-
250g porridge oats
125g unsalted butter
125g soft light brown sugar
3 tbsps Golden Syrup
Optional:
Handful of raisins

Method:-
Preheat oven to 180 degrees.

Lightly butter a 20cm by 30cm rectangular baking tin and line with grease-proof paper, leaving a 1 inch overhang on all sides, for ease of transferring the flapjacks to a board to cut when baked.

Using a heavy bottomed medium sized pan, melt the butter, sugar and Golden Syrup until there are no sugar granules.

Remove the pan from the heat and add the oats, stirring to coat them in the buttery sugary mixture. At this point I will then add some raisins if I want to, or you could use any other dried fruit, apricots, cherries, blueberries. I tend to just eyeball it, but I would say probably a good handful.

Tip the mixture into your pre lined tin and press it down firmly with the back of a spatula or wooden spoon, This really helps the flapjacks to stick together.

Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.

Cool slightly in the tin, then using a sharp knife, mark out where you will cut the flapjacks and then leave them to cool completely before cutting.

Enjoy with a nice cup of tea!

Flapjacks

No comments:

Post a Comment