7 June 2016

Oreo Fudge

Oreo Fudge

I don't know what's could be more exciting than homemade fudge...answers on a postcard please! I think it's a bit like brownies / blondies for me in that as soon as you've got your basic recipe down, you can add any combination of ingredients to the mix and it completely changes it up.

There's pretty much no skill required for making fudge. I was apprehensive but you literally stir the mix until it becomes a fudgey consistency and it's done! The only thing that put me off slightly here was the amount of white chocolate that this recipe required. It's A LOT. But don't let that put you off because it's such a fun (and yummy) thing to make.

Ingredients:-
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
510g white chocolate 
1 pack of Oreos

Method:-
I recommend using a disposable traybake tin (like here) because I won't lie to you, fudge is an absolute pain to cut and this way you can absolutely murder the tray and feel no remorse.

Melt the white chocolate with the sweetened condensed milk in a heavy bottomed medium sized saucepan over medium to low heat, until it reaches that fudgey consistency I talked about.

Stir in the chopped Oreo cookies, saving a few pieces to press into the top.

Pour mixture into your handy dandy throw-away tin and quickly spread fudge evenly with a spatula. 

Press extra chopped Oreo cookies on top. You can either leave to set at room temperature or if you're super impatient like me, pop it in the fridge to set.

This is when the tin comes into it's own. Using scissors, cut the down into each corner of the tin to flap the sides down and then using a sharp knife, cut into squares. You can peel the fudge away from the tin also if it's being a little uncooperative.

I prefer to store this in an airtight tin in the fridge but you can keep it at room temperature if you'd prefer. I would like to tell you how long it keeps for, but lets face it, it wont be around for long!

No comments:

Post a Comment